Tuesday, August 5, 2008

04/08/08 Meeting 3

Hi everyone,

Here is a brief version of our third lit meeting in case you missed it. The numbers had decreased, unfortunately; on the other hand, Prasanna ma'am joined us, which was a lot of fun. In fact, a certain first year emailed me and said she had a hangover after the meeting -- it was that good. (Blatant hint: attend meetings more often, you slacker folk. :P)

The blog

We voted on the title of the blog. Favourites were Multicoloured sock, Ink Noise and Rapid Eye Movement, but to be truthful, I'm not very satisfied with the vote. It's all over the place and there's no clear winner. Can we do this again properly? Please? I'd really like to start up the blog, to generate hype, as they say.

Also, please submit work. Currently, I have one piece of digital art and two poems. Please send in more stuff. Remember: the deadline is August 24 and the theme is Voices, for anyone who needs it.

Quotations read out by Prasanna ma'am

Ma'am read us a bunch of quotations by writers on writing, which sparked off a good discussion.

Reading by Sushmita (III PyEE)

Sushmita joined us at the last minute and talked to us about the workshop she attended. She read out a poem of hers as well.

Attendees

Vibha, Namratha, Sushmita, Bhagya, Madhavi, Asawari, Srishti, Sana, Greeshma, Archana, Manasa, Prasanna ma'am and Aditi

*

In other news, cul week is killing me. I'm so happy this is the last of contests until Cul-Ah. And for that, I'll ask for volunteers. Right now, it's better if you participate. But we don't participate during Cul-Ah, so I can make you guys sit at the desk while I check out the food stalls -- like my seniors made me do.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Lit Quiz (Aug 7, Thursday; GJB - 2; 11.10 am) and the Haiku and Limerick Contest (Aug 8, Friday; GJB stretch; 11.30 am).

Oh! I just remembered, here's the Auden poem I was telling you about: How Dirty Is That Auden Poem That Was Too Dirty for the 'Times Book Review'? Before you open the link, I should say that if you're the sensitive sort or religious or both, don't click on the link. Also, if you worship Auden.

I recently had a few poems at Pratilipi. It's a bilingual mag, and my first Indian publication (of note). It was nice being asked to submit to them. I believe Anjum Hassan is in there with me; I haven't had the time to read through fully. Anyway, here are the poems: Walk into the Sound. Comments are welcome. :)

Best,
Aditi

No comments: