Sunday, August 10, 2008

10/08/08 Mailer 4: Lit Assn Meeting tomorrow!

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I should've sent this earlier. We are definitely having our meeting tomorrow at 12.30 pm (or as soon as you manage to buy lunch) in Room 29.

Our agenda is as follows:

Final vote on blog title

Reading by Srishti (II PyEJ)

Fictional letters
(if we have the time)

*

I'd also like to congratulate the following for placing in lit events this year.

MCC @ 60

Poetry Writing
First place: Archana S - III PyEE
Second place: Tharindri - I PyES

Short Story Writing
First place: Neha Mujumdar - II PyEC
Second place: Nikitha - I PyEC

Freshers' Week


Creative Writing
First place: Anisha Raisurana - I PyEE
Second place: CS Bhagya - I PyeJ

Cul Week

Complete the story
First place: Asawari Ghatage - I PyEJ
Second place: Madhurambal - I HEP
Third place: CS Bhagya - I PyEJ

Literary Quiz
First place: Sneha Sikand and Padma S - III PyEC
Second place (tie): Asawari Ghatage and CS Bhagya - I PyEJ
Greeshma and Annie K - I PyEE

Haiku and Limerick Contest
First place: Danielle D'Silva - II PyEC
Second place: Deepa Jacob - II PyEC
Third place: Sonal - II PyEC

*

Haiku for you to muse on:

O snail
Climb Mount Fuji,
But slowly, slowly!

Having slept, the cat gets up,
yawns, goes out,
to make love

A bath when you're born,
a bath when you die,
how stupid

-- Kobayashi Issa

*

See you tomorrow,

Aditi

No comments: