Tuesday, August 19, 2008

18/08/08 Meeting 5

Hey everyone,

I'm too tired and unfortunately very busy this week, and will not be saying much about the previous meeting. In brief, we talked about critique and how we react to it, what we expect of it, etc. Then, after Prasanna ma'am's reading, the discussion to the relationship between age/experience and writing.

There are two things I need:

1. Writing to be sent in for the blog. You can submit pretty much anything by the 24th. I'm not extending the deadline because as time goes by, I'll have to spend more time on my film project. My personal blog is a mess as is. Also, if I don't get enough material by the 24th, I will scrap the idea. I don't care how much time we've spent labouring over this. It's not worth anyone's time to upload anything if we don't have anything substantial to put up.

2. Someone to make posters. These are basic, non-fancy posters to be put up on Fridays so that people remember to come for the Monday meeting. It's way too much work for me to do every week. All you need is A4 sheets, a sketch pen or marker, cellotape and a pair of scissors. Two posters every week. One on the notice board opposite the canteen, the other on the board outside the English department. More than one person can volunteer and you'll can rotate. I'll tell you what to write on it. Anyway, you've seen my posters before and they're pretty ordinary.

The next meeting will be on Friday, August 29. Same place, same time. Let's have this as an open-to-all reading club meeting. Someone please volunteer to bring in stuff to read.

We can start the writing club next week.

Best,
Aditi

No comments: