Wednesday, August 13, 2008

11/08/08 Meeting 4

Hi everyone,

Just an update about what we did last time.

Vote on the blog title

Finally, we arrived at a clear winner: "Ink Noise". For anyone who needs to know, I voted for "Mulitcoloured Sock" and now feel rather lonely without it. But yay democracy, etc. I will be creating this blog soon and I expect you to start contributing soon. There's a long weekend ahead, so try getting some writing done. As of now, I only have an entry each from the three I PyEJs. Please don't have me guilt-trip you all into submitting something. The deadline is August 24. The theme for anyone who needs it as "voices", and all kinds of artforms are acceptable, as long as they are wordpress-friendly.

Reading by Sristi of II PyEJ

Srishti read us one of Ayn Rand-inspired poems, which explored two different interpretations of narcissism. I'm a little disappointed with the lack of helpful feedback. We seem to be going off on tangents, and I wonder if Srishti profited from our discussion at all. Sristi, feel free to criticise our distracted ways -- we deserve it.

Attendees

Sana, Vibha, Srishti, Neha, Asawari, Anisha, Bhagya, Madhavi, Nikhita, Tharindri, Manasa, Prasanna ma'am and Aditi

*

For the next meeting, can we have someone read some prose? Please contact me and let me know by Friday. Email works, but if you're using the phone, please call me at 9880779207. Don't text me because I won't be able to reply. Something's wrong with my phone and the Airtel people are being very useless. I'm considering experimenting with using certain four-letter words next time I meet them to see if it'll get any work done.

*

Does anyone here write plays for theatre? If not, is anyone interested in trying? The Dramatics Association is in need of an original script for a production of theirs, so it's a good opportunity for you guys. Will give you Nehdiya's number if you're interested.

*

Here's the poem by Kenneth Koch that I was talking about: To Psychoanalysis.

*

Right. That's it for now. Happy Independence Day.

Cheers,

Aditi

No comments: